Sunday, August 7, 2011

Finishing

I have three different journals that I have written on about a handful of pages each. I have projects around my house that are halfway completed. I have started to read my bible through in a year for the last five years of my life. These things are really great things to set out to do in life. Journaling is a very profitable practice. Also profitable is the goal to read through the bible. The only problem with these things is that I have not completed a single one. I have not finished. This deeply saddens me.
However, as I was beating myself up, I remembered a verse in the book of Hebrews that calls Jesus the beginner and finisher of our faith. (Heb. 12.2) Jesus is the ultimate finisher. Elsewhere in the book of Isaiah, God says that He will accomplish all that He sets out to do. (Isaiah 46.10)
Here is where these two paths cross. Me the non finisher has been indwelt by the Spirit of the One who begins a good work and sees it to completion. (Phil. 1.6) So I have here resolved to become a finisher by the power (grace) of God and to be a faithful servant who, when my life is through, hears the Divine accolade, "Well done, good and faithful servant...enter in to the joy of your Master." (Matt. 25.21)
Will you do the same?



Location:Palestine,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment