Thursday, February 16, 2012

No Sunglasses in Heaven

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

What?! I know it seems silly, but I will explain. A friend of mine, was complaining of a headache and how the sunlight only intensified his pain. Then he remarked, "Thank God for sunglasses." The more I have thought about that statement, the more I have realized, "Thank God I won't need sunglasses in Heaven."

The sun is the most massive and majestic object in creation. The light that it gives the earth is so intense, even from such a great distance, that staring into it can cause serious optical damage. Our eyes are sensitive to the sun's light that we must shield and protect our eyes from its damaging brilliance. The only way we are able to actually enjoy and appreciate the glory of the sun is in its veiled glory (i.e. sunsets and sunrises). This is no different than God's glory.

Read 2 Corinthians 4:6. The reason Jesus came in human form was to display the glory of God in a way that our eyes (both physical and spiritual) could take it in. He is now glorified at the right hand of God, waiting to come again. It is this coming that I am anticipating. 1 John 3:2 says that when He comes we will "see Him as He is." We won't be blinded like Paul or afraid like Peter, James, and John. We won't have to shield our eyes or need sunglasses. We will be able to see and comprehend and enjoy His beauty and glory. We only see veiled glimpses, but one day we will see fully. I can't wait for that day, when I can see. So, I long to see Jesus today and everyday, but even more I long for the day when there will be no separation, no limitation, and no desperation. I will be face to face with Glory and rejoice!! Come quickly Lord Jesus!


- Rickey

No comments:

Post a Comment